Online Live Technical Requirements
New Horizons Online LIVE Learning is designed to make your training experience as simple to implement as possible. The minimum technical requirements needed to optimize your experience while using Online LIVE are listed below. Additional recommendations are made for even greater user satisfaction.
System and Network Requirements
- One of the below three Firewall Ports needs to be opened for the Online LIVE Classroom Environment. In order of optimal performance from best to least is:
- Firewall Ports that need to be opened for the Online LIVE Labs are:
- VMWare: 5900-5999
- Microsoft VPC: 443 and 137
- Appropriate privileges on Domain and Browser level to download and install a new software (the virtual classroom software or VNC) on the student’s computer
- Please disable all “Pop-Up Blocker’s” loaded on the machine you will be using to attend the class. (Pop-up blockers are often packaged with Search bars such as: Yahoo, Google, MSN)
- ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins set to Enable
(On Internet Explorer this option is found under Tools --> Internet Options --> Security)
- Soundcard, speakers, and microphone (Headset with microphone recommended).
SYSTEM CHECK – ONLINE LIVE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
We recommend that you perform the System Check before the Online LIVE training start date. Click on the link below and follow the short test. You will need a headset or speakers to complete the system check. The System Check will take approximately 5 minutes. Click on the link below:
Click Here to Enter the Configuration Room
You must have Java installed on your computer in order to launch the Online LIVE virtual classroom environment. To check if Java is already installed on your computer, go to the following URL: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp and click on “Verify Installation”. If you do not have Java installed, follow the prompts to install Java on your computer.
HelpDesk contact details;
• International: +1-949 528 3819
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Skype Call or Chat ID: ollhelpdesk
• Windows Live Messenger Chat: OLLSupport@live.com
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP1)
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.5x or later
- Internet connection: For the best learning experience we recommend DSL or a Cable. At a minimum, 56k Modem or single ISDN.
- P350+ MHz (P500+ recommended) 128 MB RAM (256+ recommended)
- 40 MB free disk space (200+ recommended for content and recordings)
- 800x600, 16 bit color screen resolution (high color)
Apple System Requirements
- Macintosh OS/X 10.4.4
- Safari 2.0.1
- Local Area Network or Broadband connection
- G4 700 MHz PowerPC, 384 MB memory
- Display color depth: Thousands of colors